Teaching People, Not Poses
Blending the science of movement mechanics, the wisdom of yoga (Ayurveda) and Nature-based practices, an understanding of pathologies and mental health and the therapeutic yoga applications for both, my approach explores movement, breath, and mindfulness as medicine for the body, mind, heart, soul, and spirit.
See below for more on Yoga Therapy and Thai Massage!
Mixed level accessible yoga and yoga therapy classes guided by senior yoga teacher, professional yoga therapist, Thai massage therapist, and chocolate enthusiast: Kate Case.
Welcome to the NEW Sunrise Wellness in Maple Bay!
6701 Beaumont Ave
Check out the Grand Opening Saturday June 16th from 4:00 – 6:00pm.
Classes start June 25th. Class size at this boutique studio is limited. Pass holders given preference. Drop in available pending space. Payment methods: in-person credit/debit or register online. Classes run as 7-week sessions in the Fall.
- Regular 75 min Drop In: $16 + GST
- Regular 60 min Drop In: $14 + GST
- Regular 30 min Drop In: $8 + GST
- July 1 – August 31st
- 9 weeks unlimited yoga
- $144 + GST ($18/week)
- GRAND OPENING special: $108 + GST ($12/week) **available until June 19th by using the code: SummerofYogaSpecial at checkout**
- Purchase by June 25th and receive a bonus 10th week (you choose when by no later than August 26th)!
- 4 weeks unlimited yoga
- Starts when attend first class (no pausing)
- $80 + GST ($20/week)
- GRAND OPENING special: $60 + GST ($15/week) ****available until June 19th by using the code: SummerSizzlerSpecial at checkout**
- Purchase by June 25th and receive a bonus 5th week (you choose when by no later than August 26th)!
No classes: Mon July 2nd and Wed July 4th
There are no props provided. Please bring a yoga mat and any other props that may help you with your practice. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
SATURDAY morning: 2 x per month 9:30-10:45am (July 14 and 28th/August 11 and 25th). Varies: Chakra Flow, Elemental Yin Yang, Yin Restorative, Yoga Core. Check back July 5th for more details!
WORKSHOPS: 2 x per month Wednesday 6:30 – 8:30pm (July 11 and 25th/August 8 and 22nd). Varies: Chakra Flow, Drumming and Song Circle, Women’s Lunar Yoga, Women’s Moon Lodge. Check back July 5th for more details!
Elemental Yin Yang: This Taoist practice blends yin and yang yoga styles and Ayurveda in an exploration of the elemental and meridian systems within the body. Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Wood, Metal, and Ether are archetypal building blocks of everything in existence shaping the structure of our mind and body, and the world we live in. When we are in harmony with the cycles of Nature, we feel both stable and energized.
Suitable for strong beginners or experienced students. Not recommended if you have particularly sensitive therapeutic needs (see Yoga Therapy class description below).
Monday 10am, Tuesday 4:30pm, Wednesday 11:30am, occasional Saturdays 9:30am
“Kate is amazing! Her approach is fresh, genuine, and whimsical. Be prepared to be motivated and empowered.” ~ Michelle Semeniuk
Hatha: Build strength, balance, endurance, flexibility, and mindfulness in this class that emphasizes posture alignment with breath awareness. Layers of each pose are provided so that each student can choose what “level” they feel comfortable with in each posture. This class is for the person who wants an in depth exploration of yoga at an unhurried pace.
Suitable for all levels of experience. Wednesday 9:30am
“Initially, I came to Kate’s class after recovering from an injury, then during pregnancy and after having a baby. There has always been a place for me in her class. Kate’s knowledge, kind heart, honesty and sense of humor put you at ease and make you feel connected.” ~ Katie Cherry
Meditation: Meditation doesn’t have to be complicated. Really it is about being mindful and present with the moment as it is. Let’s explore the simple ways of fitting meditation into your life and let go of the pressure to make it (or ourselves) “perfect”. Demystify meditation as we play with different methods and types of meditation, contemplative journaling, and sitting/lying/walking positions.
Suitable for all levels of experience. Tuesday 3:45pm
“Kate helped me touch that deep, eternal, glowing piece that lives in each of us. She helped me discover skills that make me feel at home with myself. With each act of self love and mindfulness I fall more in love with life and am better able to face the world from a place of equanimity.” ~ Margarete T.
Mindful Hatha Restorative Flow: Blending breath and meditation, slow Hatha flow, and gentle restorative (sometimes yin) yoga, ending with a short form of yoga nidra for savasana (final relaxation). A great practice to rejuvenate and decompress.
Suitable for all levels of experience.
“Kate is my wise owl who is so full of knowledge about life and the seasons of life we pass through. She seems to just know what I need and when I need it.” ~ Diane Ludlow
Suitable for all levels of experience. Tuesday Noon, occasional Saturdays 9:30am
“Kate is a gifted, joyous, generous teacher. She is intelligent, articulate, creative, intuitive, empathetic, highly skilled, and deeply knowledgeable. All combine to make her a powerful force for health and healing. A class or workshop with Kate is an absolute delight and a transforming opportunity and moment in the journey and path to wellness.” ~ Susan Jones
Yoga Therapy Group Class: This all-levels class offers a highly individualized yoga therapy approach to working with the body (see below for in-depth private sessions). While the whole body is incorporated, there will be a particular body area focus in each class. With a small class size, the general focus is on healing or managing chronic or persistent issues along with:
- Improving posture
- Developing skills to work with chronic injury or issues (ie. back pain, sciatica, arthritis, herniated disc, stiff hips, foot issues, joint replacements, shoulder mobility, etc)
- Identifying and correcting muscular imbalance
- Building strength and flexibility safely
- Reducing pain and stress
- Discovering how to integrate body and mind in relation to full body health and care
Blending movement, breathing, relaxation techniques, pain management, and anatomical understanding these classes are designed with first the person THEN the pose in mind. Every class is adaptive to what each participant’s needs are at any given time. Each participant is encouraged to respect their body and move at their own pace.
Please note: this class does not replace sound medical advice or physical therapy.
“Kate’s knowledge of the body is incredible, and she has an ability to explain what is going on in a way that makes sense. I have learned to listen to my body and really hear what it needs, and for this I am forever grateful!” ~ Maureen Zentner
This Eastern massage uses mainly point pressure and muscle stretching to work on the superficial and deep fascial layers of muscles, ligaments, joints, and connective tissue (particularly in the hips, neck, shoulders, and back).
A Thai massage is deeply relaxing while relieving aches and pains.
Benefits include: increased range of motion, relief of pain and muscle tension, calming the nervous system, and improved circulation of blood and lymph.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and book your appointment.
Yoga Therapy involves:
- an in-depth intake to uncover root causes and presenting “symptoms” of particular issues: hormonal concerns, fertility, menopause, and period problems, anxiety, musculoskeletal injuries, back/neck/shoulder/knee pain, sciatica/hip issues, arthritis (rheumatoid/osteo), diabetes, fibromyalgia, pain management, etc.
- personalization based on health history, goals, health habits, common presentations of injury, and the latest treatment for the condition. There is also an assessment that includes postural, breath, movement, and personal constitution (Ayurveda).
- blending all limbs of yoga PLUS many other modalities that speak to the condition being addressed including an educational component.
- homework and discussion of what works/doesn’t for you.
- collaboration with your health team to provide you the best of care.
Contact email@example.com to learn more and book your appointment.
“Kate helped me work on my physical body in addition to my mind. She encouraged me and rejoiced with me at every milestone I made and was there when things didn’t seem so great or life got to be a bit scary. The time we shared together has been the saving grace in my healing process. I couldn’t have done it without her.” ~ Sharon Hundert