Teaching People, Not Poses
Blending the science of movement mechanics, the wisdom of yoga (Ayurveda) and Nature-based practices, an understanding of pathologies and mental health and the therapeutic yoga applications for both, my approach explores movement, breath, and mindfulness as medicine for the body, mind, heart, soul, and spirit.
Imaginal Mind and Body Wellness
(Downstairs Treatment Space: 6701 Beaumont Ave, Maple Bay)
This Eastern massage uses mainly point pressure and muscle stretching to work on the superficial and deep fascial layers of muscles, ligaments, joints, and connective tissue (particularly in the hips, neck, shoulders, and back).
Benefits include: increased range of motion, relief of pain and muscle tension, calming the nervous system, and improved circulation of blood and lymph.
Contact email@example.com to learn more.
With a Professional Gold Standard Yoga Therapy Certification through the International Association of Yoga Therapists and two decades of experience teaching yoga, I believe in blending accessible and adaptable movement, breathing, relaxation techniques, pain management, and anatomical understanding with first the person THEN the pose in mind.
The general focus of each Yoga Therapy session is on healing or managing chronic or persistent issues along with:
- Improving posture
- Developing skills to work with chronic injury or issues (ie. back pain, sciatica, arthritis, herniated disc, stiff hips, foot issues, joint replacements, shoulder mobility, etc)
- Identifying and correcting muscular imbalance
- Building strength and flexibility safely
- Reducing pain and stress
- Discovering how to integrate body and mind in relation to full body health and care
In a Yoga Therapy session you will receive:
- an in-depth intake to uncover root causes and presenting “symptoms” of particular issues such as: hormonal concerns, fertility, menopause, and period problems, anxiety, musculoskeletal injuries, back/neck/shoulder/knee pain, sciatica/hip issues, arthritis (rheumatoid/osteo), diabetes, fibromyalgia, pain management, etc.
- personalization based on health history, goals, health habits, common presentations of injury, and the latest treatment for the condition. There is also an assessment that includes postural, breath, movement, and personal constitution (Ayurveda).
- blending all limbs of yoga PLUS many other modalities that speak to the condition being addressed including an educational component.
- homework and discussion of what works/doesn’t for you.
- collaboration with your health team to provide you the best of care.
Every appointment is adaptive to what the client’s needs are at any given time. Clients are encouraged to respect their body.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
60min Thai Massage + Yoga Therapy Combo: $75 (+ gst)
60min Package (save $30!): 3 Sessions Thai Massage + Yoga Therapy Combo: $195 (+ gst)
90min Thai Massage + Yoga Therapy Combo: $90 (+ gst)
90min Package (save $30!): 3 Sessions Thai Massage + Yoga Therapy Combo: $240 (+ gst)
Semi Private Yoga and/or Yoga Therapy Sessions available. Contact email@example.com to arrange.
- Payment methods: in-person cash or credit, online credit, or e-transfer (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
- Must book 24 hours prior to desired appointment time.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours before your appointment.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.
“Kate’s knowledge of the body is incredible, and she has an ability to explain what is going on in a way that makes sense. I have learned to listen to my body and really hear what it needs, and for this I am forever grateful!” ~ Maureen Zentner
“Kate helped me work on my physical body in addition to my mind. She encouraged me and rejoiced with me at every milestone I made and was there when things didn’t seem so great or life got to be a bit scary. The time we shared together has been the saving grace in my healing process. I couldn’t have done it without her.” ~ Sharon Hundert
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed learning from Kate! I’ve benefited so much! First, my personal yoga practice has improved in the past 5 months more than in the previous 10 years combined; Kate’s direction has elevated my practice in terms of meditation, breathing, precision and control. Furthermore, the chronic ache in my lower back that had been part of my daily existence for years has gone away completely since I’ve been coming to see Kate.” ~ Angelique Rasmussen
I have to start off with saying “I love Kate” she has been an inspiration in my life for the last 14 years. She is a woman whom I admire greatly on all levels. She was my very first Yoga teacher, to me she is my Guru, the person that inspired me to continue on the path that I am on today. I knew from the very first meeting that she was a person that I wanted to be like, well, I knew she would be my mentor. She is the most beautiful person you will ever have the pleasure of knowing. She creates such a warm and welcoming space, bringing out the best in you, allowing you to be YOU!
Making you feel that it is OK to be who you are, to embrace it, that it is ok to feel what you feel. Kate has been my savior on so many levels. She has helped me physically through Thai massage, where other treatments have not been long lasting her methods and knowledge have made such an incredible difference. On an emotional, spiritual level she has helped me try to find Me, giving me many ideas to explore. She tells it like it is, a quality that I admire greatly.
In Yoga, she always seems to knows what I need before I do. Many times I have left her class feeling and thinking and how did she know I needed that both physically and mentally? I have worked with Kate on many levels, from yoga to Thai massage to energy work (healer). Every time we are together I am amazed of the knowledge that she has, yet, she is so very humble. I feel so very blessed to have Kate as a part of my life. ~ Lisa Bell